- A blog from BrainHq.com : Guest post by Dr. Kimberly Sena Moore, Ph.D., MT-BC, a board certified music therapist and an Assistant Professor of Professional Practice at the Frost School of Music.
- American Music Therapy Association :
WHAT IS MUSIC THERAPY?
DEFINITION AND QUOTES ABOUT MUSIC THERAPY
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
MUSIC THERAPY WITH SPECIFIC POPULATIONS
LEARNING ABOUT MUSIC THERAPY
HISTORY OF MUSIC THERAPY
MUSIC THERAPY AROUND THE WORLD AND ON THE WEB
MUSIC THERAPY IN THE MEDIA
WHAT IS AMTA?
WHO ARE MUSIC THERAPISTS?
SUPPORT MUSIC THERAPY
Facebook Twitter youtube
About Music Therapy
Home>About Music Therapy & AMTA>What is Music Therapy? Print Email Share
What is Music Therapy
What is Music Therapy?
What is musi therapy? - Music Therapy is the clinical and evidence-based use of music interventions to accomplish individualized goals within a therapeutic relationship by a credentialed professional who has completed an approved music therapy program.
- Colorado Association for Music Therapy
- Music improves social communication in autistic children : Engaging in musical activities such as singing and playing instruments in one-on-one therapy can improve autistic children’s social communication skills, improve their family’s quality of life, as well as increased brain connectivity in key networks, according to researchers at Université de Montréal and McGill University.
- Music Therapy and Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Read about some benefits of group therapy : We add the collaborative and communicative properties of music in a group lead by credentialled music therapists . Group therapy can provide many benefits that individual therapy does not.